What is ZIG Cartoonist?
ZIG Cartoonist is a system designed for use by professional, manga/cartoon artists, urban and graphic designers. With it's vast choice of markers and tools you can create endless styles of artwork.
How To Draw
- STEP 1
Draft rough outlines by pencil or mechanical pencil.
- Use appropriate pencil for the amount of pressure you apply when drawing.
- STEP 2
Add outline by using a pen or nib and ink along your rough outlines.
Once the ink is dry, erase the pencil sketch.
Pen Nib Maru-Pen [CNPN-01R]
Nib Holder [CNNH-01R]
SUMI INK 60 [CNCE103-6]
Choose tip size or color depending on your purpose or ambiance of your drawing.
- STEP 3
Coloring your drawing, start with light colors.
Apply color on skin areas.
KURECOLOR Fine & Brush [CNKC-2200/12VFN]
- 1. Start with light colors, consider which direction your character the light from.
- 2. Apply color on area of shades such as hair, nose and lips. Choose darker color than 1.
Apply colors on hair.
KURECOLOR Fine & Brush [CNKC-2200/12VHM]
- 3.Start with light colors.
- 4.Layer darker color to give a 3D appearance.
Apply color on detailed areas, such as eyes and clothes, use the top of the brush tip.
Apply color on backgrounds.
- KURECOLOR Fine & Brush
Start with light colors, consider which direction your character catches the light from.
- STEP 4
Add finishing touches.
WHITE INK 30 [CNCE201-3]
MENSO BRUSH [CNJT100-1]
Use white ink to add hightlights in the eyes or hair so it looks more lifelike.